How NaDCC Works
NaDCC, also known as sodium dichloroisocyanurate or sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione is an organic chlorine donor and fast acting, powerful biocide. NaDCC is not a hypochlorite (bleach). The NaDCC retains it’s killing power due to a 50/50 chemical equilbrium that continues to generate hypochlorous acid as the chlorine is being used up in the process. This means that it is not inactivated by dirt/cloths/organic matter as easily as bleach.
Sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione in water generates HOCl which has a similar chemical structure to water (H2O). These factors enable it to penetrated the cell wall in a similar way to water. Once inside the cell it…destroys the nucleus of the cell and completes the disinfection process.
Disinfection of Hard, Non-Porous Surfaces:
Reliant Tabs when used as directed is formulated to disinfect washable hard, non- porous surfaces such as walls, ceilings and equipment in poultry and other livestock facility’s including meat and poultry processing plants.
To Disinfect Hard, Non-Pourous Surfaces:
Add one 13.1g Reliant Tabs Tablet per gallon of water to create a 1076ppm solution. Spray all surfaces, use as directed per label instructions. Contact time is 10 minutes.
Reliant Tabs when used as directed is formulated for poultry, swine, cattle and livestock drinking water disinfection.
Preset Medicator Process:
1. Add one 13.1g tablet to 4 gallons of water to create a 269ppm available chlorine solution.
2. Dose using a preset medicator that injects at 1:128 (2ppm) or 1:256 (1ppm).
3. Monitor FAC (free available chlorine) at the end of your waterline to ensure proper dosing by maintaining a minimum of .5 ppm of FAC.
Peristalic Pump Injector Process:
1. Peristalic Pump Injector Process: Add (5) 13.1g tablets to one gallon of water to create a 5382ppm available chlorine injectable solution.
2. Dose at 1:5000 for a 1ppm final dilution (maintenance) or 1:1000 for a 5ppm final dilution (initial use).
3. Monitor FAC (free available chlorine) at the end of your waterline to ensure proper dosing maintaining a minimum level of .5 ppm of FAC.