Hypochlorous acid, also known as HOCL, is a naturally occurring compound that is produced by the human body to help fight infections. In the context of avian flu, hypochlorous acid can be helpful in several ways. Here are eight reasons why hypochlorous acid may be useful in combating avian flu and how our Micro Dry-Spray System can help you effectively and regularly apply HOCL to surfaces and in the air of your poultry barn.
- Disinfection: Hypochlorous acid is an effective disinfectant and can be used to kill pathogens, including those that cause avian flu. When used in the right concentration, it can effectively kill viruses and bacteria on contact. This can help prevent the spread of avian flu among birds and protect people from exposure. Our proprietary solution of HOCL acid disinfects surfaces and air.
- Decontamination: Hypochlorous acid can be used to decontaminate surfaces and equipment that may have been contaminated with avian flu. This includes everything from poultry feeders and stock tanks and troughs, coops, and barns. Decontaminating these areas can help prevent the spread of the virus throughout your farm buildings and holding areas, and protect people from exposure.
- Sanitation: Hypochlorous acid can be used to sanitize areas where birds may be housed, such as barns or chicken coops. This aids in preventing the spread of avian flu and other diseases among birds. By regularly cleaning and sanitizing these areas, you can reduce the risk of outbreaks and protect the health of your birds. Keeping your poultry healthy means keeping them alive. The more you prevent the disease, the more meet birds you have for market or for egg production, helping increase profit for your operation.
- Preservation: Hypochlorous acid can be used to preserve bird specimens for scientific study. This can be especially useful for researchers studying avian flu, as it allows them to examine the virus and better understand how it spreads and causes illness.
- Testing: Hypochlorous acid can be used in testing procedures to determine the presence of avian flu. For example, it can be used to extract viruses from samples for testing. This can help researchers and healthcare professionals accurately diagnose avian flu and determine the most appropriate course of treatment.
- Safety: Hypochlorous acid is a safe and non-toxic compound that is well-tolerated by birds. It is not known to cause any adverse side effects, making it a safe and effective option for the treatment of avian flu. Using a proprietary blend of HOCL the Micro Dry-Spray system can cover 225,000 cubic ft. in approximately 20 minutes, with animals present.
7. Efficacy: The Micro Dry-Spray System is effective and efficient at helping to prevent avian flu by disinfecting surfaces without leaving surfaces or birds wet. Our micro spray covers surfaces and poultry with such a fine spray that animals are unbothered.
8. Convenience: Our HOCL tabs and dry-spray solution are both easy to use and can be applied in a variety of surfaces, making it convenient for poultry farmers and their staff to use on a regular basis.
Hypochlorous acid is a valuable tool in the fight against avian flu. Its disinfection and decontamination properties can help prevent the spread of the virus and protect people from exposure. It is safe, effective, and convenient, making it an attractive option for the treatment of avian flu in large or small poultry farm operations to prevent dead loss and thereby increasing your opportunity for profit.